Thursday 19 January 2012

It's a female thing....

And Marco's not happy!  To take public transportation around London (taxis are exempt) passengers have an Oyster Card.  You load your card and when you use up your balance you 'top it off'.  One day, I got on the 393 bus with Marco and I did not have enough for a full ride.  I paid the 2.30 for the ride.  When we switched to the 254 bus, I asked the driver if I could still use my ticket from the 393... he wasn't suppose to (technically) but he let me pass.  Marco was very surprised!

Another day, I tried to take the ferry but the ticket machine was not working so Omar told me to pass.... he told me when I got to the ferry to tell Michael that he said I could pass.  The ferry is 6.00 but with an Oyster card you get a discount of 5.10....  Marco could not believe my luck!

There have been other instances but....  Today, both Marco's and my Oyster cards were at the end.... we paid our way into Canary Wharf (cash).  While I was in town, I 'topped off' my card.  Marco did not.  On the way home, I used my Oyster card.  Marco tried to pay cash... the driver did not have change so he gave Marco a (yellow) ticket!!  I proposed at the next stop that Marco would take my Oyster card and I would pay cash.... Marco got on the bus.... I gave the drive 3.00 and he gave me 1.00 back and I got a ride!!!

It's not just a Southern thing!!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment