Saturday 17 December 2011

Transpertaion via bus

The most economical way to get around London is by bus, The Underground, or above ground train... if you are close to the Thames River then there are ferries.  There is no Underground in Hackney (which is the only London borough that does not have underground) which is fine by me because I can't do underground.  I guess I could but I can't breath down there!

The key to taking the bus is not just taking the proper bus number but making sure you go the right direction.  The buses are red and most are the typical double-decker.  So far I've done okay with the buses!  They are an adventure!!  London is a very international city and you will find this out very quickly on the bus!!  I can be on a bus for 20 minutes and hear every language BUT English!!  I've hear Italian, French, German, Dutch, several Asian languages, several Eastern European, and several Middle Eastern languages.... It is not just listening but it is seeing people in their traditional dress (primarily the Middle Eastern or Islamic or Muslim and Orthodox).  Once and awhile I do hear English but I can't say I really understand what they are saying...

I do enjoy the bus because I can sit and watch and listen to my heart's content!! 

Pictures are coming soon so stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment