Wednesday 22 February 2012

Day 1 of Moving In...

Oh, What a day!!  Movers arrived at 10:00 and had the truck unloaded by 11:00.  Let me back up a minute....  I left the current apartment at 8:00 and got to the new apartment at 9:30.  Bus #2 terminated early because of an accident so I had to hike to the next stop to catch bus #3... buses where not cooperating with me this morning!!  Good news... everything fit into the apartment!  It may not have a place to go but it is in!  I tackled the family room and (most important) the kitchen today.

Unpacking family room....

Still unpacking the family room....

Kitchen.... nightmare!

Not everything is in it's perenant place but we are getting close!

Getting there...  (Marco's bike is NOT staying on the balcony!)

'Dining' room and kitchen coming together  :-)

Kitchen is all tidy!  Looks can be deceveving though!!  Frying pans are in the oven... casserole dishes are in the fridge along with Tervis cups....  What didn't fit in the kitchen is tucked away in the hall closet (closet is only 1 foot deep but it works).  The only problem that I'm having at the moment is there is NO room for food!!  I may end up using the dishwasher as a cabinet....


Tomorrow, I'm taking what I can from our current apartment.  I can pretty much say that the bedrooms are over flowing so I have no idea where this stuff is going!  I have a pretty good feeling that we will be making a trip to the charity shop!  Clothes, shoes, and kitchen items....  and to think I thought I did a good job of down sizing!!

It wil be cozy but I think we will be happy!  And it may be small but nothing is too small between family and friends!

Hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Think of simple living as a zen way of looking at the world. (Americans really do have too much stuff.)

    ReplyDelete