Thursday 8 March 2012

Welcome to Our New Home

It did happen overnight but we are moved in. With such a small place you wouldn't have thought it would have taken so long but everything had to find the right place... some things moved around more than once before finding the right place to stay.  Some things also had to be put in the donation box...



The Family room with a view of the River Thames.... I don't think those frames have been in the exact same pattern twice (GA, OH, UK) but I am glad we brought them

River view with a nice balcony.  Marco sat out there the other day and enjoyed his pipe!

Entertainment center...  the river view can be a little distracting :-)

The other side of the Family room

Dining room and kitchen. 

Kitchen and family room (again).  Marco is not crazy about the Disco ball chandelier (there are 2) but they really aren't that bad... I've seen worse.

Entrance to the Family room.... yes, my little red grocery cart is in the family room... there was no else to put it!  There are 3 small closets in the hall way but there are SMALL and have other uses.  One is the extension of the kitchen - a.k.a. 'the china cabinet' and the router-room.  Another is where the hot water heater (boiler) is and it is a.k.a. 'the utility closet' - the tool box, umbrellas, bike equipment, etc. house there.  The last closet is the cleaning supply closet.  Don't judge - it works!

The Master Bedroom.  The curtains don't exactly match but they could be worse... (Marco has pink curtains in the Office/Guestroom)

Other view of Master.  I still to need to organize the cabinets over the bed but in due time...


I did not show the Office/Guestroom because it only has bookshelves and hanging laundry at the moment.  Marco wants to get a small desk so he can work from home on Fridays... and during the Olympics.  I also did not show the bathroom.... I did not think it needed to be shown but the shower is awesome!  It feels so good.... Oh, and FYI to visitors - the hot is on the right and the cold is on the left.  I'm not sure why but the hot knob does get very HOT as well.


I hope you have enjoyed the tour... I am going to go for a walk...


2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention... I love to wake up in the morning to the sound of the wood floors popping and squeeking... it means the sun is shining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can offer a service. I've been in my "new place" 6 months, and it isn't pulled together that well.

    ReplyDelete